Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi blocking ftp??

riteoh123
Aspirant

Orbi blocking ftp??

I hope somebody can help me with this problem (and that I am explaining it properly)

Earlier today I changed my web hosting package from a dedicated IP address, to a shared service.  Since the change, I have not been able to connect to my site using ftp and wifi - however I can connect when not using my home wifi.

I can also connect when using a site such as net2ftp.com.

This is telling me that something on my home wifi (Orbi??) is blocking the connection to this site.

Does anybody have any idea firstly about what I am talking about, and secondly, an easy way to fix it?

Any replies must be fairly simple to follow - I am not after technical instructions, as they will be far too advanced for me to follow!

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi blocking ftp??

Orbi does not block any protocols, certainly not ftp.  Are you accessing the new hosting service by IP address or by URL?

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Forgot to ask which ftp client software is being used.

Message 3 of 5
riteoh123
Aspirant

I am trying to access using the IP address. I have used both FileZilla and CoreFTP.  If I try to access using my PC and wifi - cannot access. If I try with my phone and wifi on - no access. As soon as I turn wifi off, and use mobile data - success!! However this is not a solution to the problem - only a means of troubleshooting.

Can the IP address be blocked or something like that?

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

This problem is unexpected. Orbi does not block IP addresses, nor does it block port, and there should be no difference between ethernet and WiFi connections.  Are either Disney Circle or Bitdefender Armor enabled on this Orbi?

can you try to connect to some other ftp site.  I found some "public" ftp sites for testing:

ftp://speedtest.tele2.net

ftp://ftp.dlptest.com/ with user name dlpuser and password rNrKYTX9g7z3RgJRmxWuGHbeu

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7