Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi blocking websites when i connected to Altice 1 modem

pjm70
Tutor

Orbi blocking websites when i connected to Altice 1 modem

I recently connceted my Orbi to the Optium Altice 1 Modem and after that i am restricted to websites.  I have certain functions such as email and can access certain apps on my phone. Please help?

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi blocking websites when i connected to Altice 1 modem

Whats the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? Built in router here by chance?

Message 2 of 7
pjm70
Tutor

not sure the model number but it has built in modem and router...even when I plugged it back into the Verizon internet Orbi had the same issue which it never had before.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options to try,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 4 of 7
pjm70
Tutor

thank i will try those. 

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes...

Message 6 of 7
Bronxjl
Aspirant

And word on results?

I fought the good fight with Altice.... there new system... (stuck with it till Fios rools around to my part of Bronx)

Their hardwar communicate to each other via the wifi, so i can not be disabled.  Also come to find out I am also one of the new hot spots for them as welll.  All in the fine print folks.... 

At the end of the day their Wifi is terrible  Just terrible. Thw wired  Lan off the Main box is great. The satellite boxes is garbage. and they would allow you to bridge their router.

I will run through your list tonight and report back any successes or failures.

I really miss my Orbi. I worked it just worked no effort.

Bronxjl

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7