Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi blocking websites

Mskinner712
Initiate

Orbi blocking websites

Just purchased an orbi. It is blocking all websites including the Orbi admin site. Any help is appreciated. Tried to use support, says it is expired although date of expiration has not yet been reached. 

Message 1 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What browser are you using? 

Can you connect to the RBR at 192.168.1.1? 

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle

Message 2 of 15
Mskinner712
Initiate

Your Product: AC2200 Orbi Micro Router(RBR20)

otherwise, I have no idea what you are asking. 

Message 3 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded on the Orbi? Log into it's web page with a web broswser to see this information.

What is the Manufacturer and model# of the ISP modem the Orbi RBR router is connected too?

Message 4 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Mskinner712 wrote:

..."otherwise, I have no idea what you are asking...". 

This is becoming more common.  Perhaps a breakdown in communication?

Message 5 of 15

@Mskinner712 wrote:

Just purchased an orbi. It is blocking all websites including the Orbi admin site.

More likely to be a configuration problem at your end. But with so little information from your end, who knows where it goes wrong?

Did it ever work?  Or is this a new setup?

What is this Orbi admin site? Do you man the browser graphical user interface that lets you manage the router? If so we can forget about firmware versions. You won't be able to read them.

What is the modem in front of the router? As @FURRYe38 suggests, this could be important.

Sadly, these things are not "plug and play". They take a bit of effort to set up. Netgear tries to make it easy, but you can't rush through it without following the instructions.

There is support for the Orbi WiFi System, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> Orbi RBK50 | WiFi System | NETGEAR Support <<<<

Message 6 of 15
Kmchugh
Initiate

I am having the same issue.  Sites that I used to be able to access are now blocked - including my 'fantasy football" which is not good.  I just set the system up and love the added speed with the satelite, but am concerned that I'm not able to access commonly accessed web sites.  I'm connected to the Optimum Sagemcom F@st 5260CV.   The message I receive is 404 not found and occassionally it includes "not secure".  So, appreciate anything you can recommend to change in my set up.  Using a Mac OS computer.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Probably due to your ISP modem being already having a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. Having two routers on the same line will cause problems like this. Regardless of it was working before or not: https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop 

It's not a FW issue. 

@Kmchugh wrote:

I am having the same issue.  Sites that I used to be able to access are now blocked - including my 'fantasy football" which is not good.  I just set the system up and love the added speed with the satelite, but am concerned that I'm not able to access commonly accessed web sites.  I'm connected to the Optimum Sagemcom F@st 5260CV.   The message I receive is 404 not found and occassionally it includes "not secure".  So, appreciate anything you can recommend to change in my set up.  Using a Mac OS computer.

Message 8 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Probably due to your ISP modem being already having a built in router and wifi. 

Post above said:......................."Sites that I used to be able to access are now blocked "

New router?

How's your Orbi firmware?

Message 9 of 15

@Retired_Member wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Post above said:......................."Sites that I used to be able to access are now blocked "

New router?

Forgive me, I don't have time for contextual analysis, but is there any content in that message that, not for the first time, seems to be no more than a quote from someone else?

Am I missing something, or does @Retired_Member need to work out how to format messages to separate quotes from their contributions?

As it is, these messages add up to little more than noise, which may explain why this discussion is getting messy.

@Kmchugh has joined in on a discussion that may or many not have anything to do with the original post from @Mskinner712.

Sadly, bold statements that

"I am having the same issue."

don't tell us much.

More often than not an "issue" could be down to many causes. So it is usually better to start your own discussion and not to break the rules and hijack a continuing conversation.

As @FURRYe38 says, in the case of the "Optimum Sagemcom F@st 5260CV" that @Kmchugh has, this puts them into double NAT territory.

But is that the cause of the problem first posed by @Mskinner712 . Sadly It looks like they have given up. Maybe they fixed their problem and did not have the courtesy to tell us. If it is still unsolved, we need to know what they have sitting between their router and the outside world.

Asking arcane questions about "Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected [to]" can be confusing. So maybe my wording of the same question (see above) is easier to understand.

Here it is again, what is the make and model number of whatever it is, if anything, that sits between the router and the outside world?

Message 10 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@michaelkenward wrote:

Am I missing something, or does @Retired_Member need to work out how to format messages to separate quotes from their contributions?

Nope, you're fine.  My only question is how does your question about me contribute to resolving the OP situation?

Cheers, Happy Thanksgiving!

Message 11 of 15
Kmchugh
Initiate

What's up with the attitudes around here?  These are consumer products with a spectrum of users with different background and experiences.  Either be helpful or don't reply.  I found @FURRYe38  very helpful.   Criticizing anothers reply is not helpful.

@michaelkenward wrote:

@Retired_Member wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

New router?

Forgive me, I don't have time for contextual analysis, but is there any content in that message that, not for the first time, seems to be no more than a quote from someone else?

As it is, these messages add up to little more than noise, which may explain why this discussion is getting messy.

@Kmchughhas joined in on a discussion that may or many not have anything to do with the original post from @Mskinner712.

Sadly, bold statements that

"I am having the same issue."

don't tell us much.

More often than not an "issue" could be down to many causes. So it is usually better to start your own discussion and not to break the rules and hijack a continuing conversation.

As @FURRYe38 says, in the case of the "Optimum Sagemcom F@st 5260CV" that @Kmchugh has, this puts them into double NAT territory.

But is that the cause of the problem first posed by @Mskinner712 . Sadly It looks like they have given up. Maybe they fixed their problem and did not have the courtesy to tell us. If it is still unsolved, we need to know what they have sitting between their router and the outside world.

Asking arcane questions about "Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected [to]" can be confusing. So maybe my wording of the same question (see above) is easier to understand.

Here it is again, what is the make and model number of whatever it is, if anything, that sits between the router and the outside world?

Message 12 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Kmchugh wrote:

What's up with the attitudes around here?  These are consumer products with a spectrum of users with different background and experiences.  Either be helpful or don't reply.  I found @FURRYe38  very helpful.   Criticizing anothers reply is not helpful.

Thanks for sharing.    As you spend more time here you may find some responses, although are created in good spirit, their ‘copy-paste’ design can be quite irritating. I’ve seen multiple questions here with several posts where it is obvious the person didn’t spend a lot of time reading the original question.  Understanding the real problem works wonder.  

Thanks for your opinion.  It’s one of many.   

Message 13 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if you have made any progress on this. Hopefully you have and we can move long thru all the noise and get back on track. Try not to pay any attention to the noise. I don't!  I'm just here to help and focus on getting users problems fixed. Now back to our normal programmng. 

Happy Thanksgiving and Enjoy the weekend. Smiley Wink 

@Kmchugh wrote:

Message 14 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Try not to pay any attention to the noise. 

Yes.  The copy/paste responses can’t be quite loud.   

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7