Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi config with double nat

Quickscan
Guide

Orbi config with double nat

i have fiber broadband in the UK. ISP is BT but their hub cannot be switched to modem only. I have an ONT so can i connect the ONT directly to Orbi and skip the BT hub. If i do this then what do i need to do in the Orbi configuration? BT have given me a username and password but i don’t know what to do with it in orbi.net. Can anyone else help who has done ONT direct to orbi?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi config with double nat

@Quickscan wrote:
BT have given me a username and password but i don’t know what to do with it in orbi.net. Can anyone else help who has done ONT direct to orbi?

When the Orbi is set up using the web interface (page 20 of the user manual)

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf 

The first question on the  "internet" menu item is "Does your internet connection require a login?".  I would try saying "Yes" and put in the user name and password that BT gave you.

I only say this because it appears that the post has been up for some time and no one has responded. (Folks in the UK might be asleep?)

Maybe on Monday someone will relate "how it works".

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@Quickscan wrote:
BT have given me a username and password but i don’t know what to do with it in orbi.net. Can anyone else help who has done ONT direct to orbi?

When the Orbi is set up using the web interface (page 20 of the user manual)

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf 

The first question on the  "internet" menu item is "Does your internet connection require a login?".  I would try saying "Yes" and put in the user name and password that BT gave you.

I only say this because it appears that the post has been up for some time and no one has responded. (Folks in the UK might be asleep?)

Maybe on Monday someone will relate "how it works".

Message 2 of 3
Quickscan
Guide

Thanks, this worked, i was over complicating things
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements