Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi connected device names

amullinax001
Aspirant

Orbi connected device names

Hi.  I just got an Orbi router/satellite setup.  I cannot seem to modify the names of the devices connected to my Orbi via the Orbi app.  Is that possible?  I can modify the names through the netgenie app but this does not sync with Orbi.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
amullinax001
Aspirant

Re: Orbi connected device names

Thanks all!!  The edit device was not an option even after clicking the "i".  Ironically, just after receiving your responses i received an alert that the firmware needed an update.  Once it updated I was able to edit the device names by clicking on the "i".  All set now!  Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
tagteam
Virtuoso

I have the Orbi app for iPhone and I can edit the names of devices in the Device List.

You have to press on the little encircled "i" on the far left side of the screen which should open sort of a dropdown - at the bottom you should see a pencil icon with a link that reads "Edit Device".

Message 2 of 3
amullinax001
Aspirant

Thanks all!!  The edit device was not an option even after clicking the "i".  Ironically, just after receiving your responses i received an alert that the firmware needed an update.  Once it updated I was able to edit the device names by clicking on the "i".  All set now!  Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7