Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi connected to verizon fios stopped connecting to internet

nyybball2
Aspirant

Orbi connected to verizon fios stopped connecting to internet

I have had my orbi for a year and suddenly the other day it stopped connecting to the internet.  And hard to connect to my verizon fios modem/router now.  Has the magenta ring but the satellites turn blue but nothing will connect to internet over wifi or hardwired ..  Says my external IP address is 0.0.000.00.  I have the rbr40 and an old fios router.  cable goes into fios router the ethernet cable in LAN port to internet port in the orbi.  I thought there used to be a light on back of fios router when ethernet cable was plugged in but there isn't now.  I have tried unplugging everything and re doing but that has not worked only thing I have not done is a factory reset on the orbi itself.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Power OFF the FIOS modem for 30 seconds along with the RBR. Then power ON the modem and let it synce then power ON the RBR...

If this fails, try a factory reset on the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC. 

Message 2 of 4
nyybball2
Aspirant

its an 8yr old actiontech verizon fios modem and firmwear have no idea and don't even know where to find that out

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

There a model # on a sticker on the modem? 

FW version for Orbi can be found with a web brower and navigate to orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7