Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi connecting to Anova 2.4 only

ChrisChu20
Aspirant

Orbi connecting to Anova 2.4 only

Hi,

Currently trying to connect my Anova wifi to my wifi mesh setup Orbi RBR850. The Anova will only connect to 2.4ghz and will need to be the same one the phone is connected to.

Is there anyway of switching off the 5ghz band and only have the 2.4 so I can get the Anova onto the network? Once it’s on, won’t matter what band the phone is one.

TIA
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

No, you can't switch off the 5ghz. You can turn down its transmit port and disable the ssid broadcast (doesn't actually turn off the radio).

Then disable/enable the wireless on your phone. With luck it'll connect to the 2.4ghz band. 

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@ChrisChu20 wrote:
Hi,

Currently trying to connect my Anova wifi to my wifi mesh setup Orbi RBR850. The Anova will only connect to 2.4ghz and will need to be the same one the phone is connected to.

Whici specific model of Anova is this?

The instructions seem to imply that there are two separate connections:

• A Bluetooth connection between the phone and the Anova.
  • Separate WiFi connections between the phone and WiFi and between the Anova and WiFi.

Yes, the Anova has only a 2.4G WiFi capability, but that should not matter.  The phone communicates the WiFi SSID and password over bluetooth to the Anova and then the Anova looks for a WiFi signal with those credentials, which the Orbi provides.  There should be no need to do anything regarding 5G.

What happens when you follow the directions?

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Message 4 of 7
ChrisChu20
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I've tried all the different Anova guides and tutorials to try to connect to the same results. 

Everytime I try to connect, it always gets stuck for at the below screen, i've previously let it run for up to 30mins. This screen appears after inputting the wifi password. 

Didn't happen before switching to Orbi. 

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Quite a puzzle. The Bluetooth connection would imply that how the smartphone is connected is not relevant to the Sous Vide device WiFi connection process.

What happens when you deliberately give the Anova incorrect credentials?

• A WiFi SSID that does not exist
  • The correct SSID, but a clearly incorrect password

Does it go into the infinite "waiting", or does it give an error?

Message 6 of 7
ChrisChu20
Aspirant

I just ran a few test, putting in incorrect SSDI and password still goes into the same loading page, might be because the phone is still on the Orbi network. 

When I setup a completely different network, not Orbi, connecting the phone and Anova to that network works so looks like the WIFI on the Anova still works. 

Any tips would be helpful!

TIA

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7