Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi connections

paulc1978
Aspirant

Orbi connections

I have the Orbi RBR50 (in the lounge fairly close to the garden satellite) with 2 satellites, one in the garden summerhouse (hard wired) and one upstairs. Is it possible to set any devices in the garden summerhouse to connect only to the garden satellite. On occasions they try to connect to the main router in the lounge as its not too far away. The problem with this is that the device (Sonos or Firestick) drops when switching and then drops again when switching back. Very frustrating and am hoping there is a way I can dedicate these devices to connect to the garden satellite only which is a very good connection to the main router. 

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi connections

@paulc1978 wrote:

hoping there is a way I can dedicate these devices to connect to the garden satellite only which is a very good connection to the main router. 

(sigh) if only that were possible, but it's not.

One possible solution is to reduce the transmit power of the entire system so that the router in the house will be less attractive and devices in the garden house will be less likely to switch. It's a setting in the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Advanced Wireless Settings.  If this change creates 'dead spots' in the house, then it is a matter of which problem annoys you more.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7