Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi constantly needs unplugging, no lights on ring but no internet?

mod220
Follower

Orbi constantly needs unplugging, no lights on ring but no internet?

Not sure what the deal is, internet goes out so I look at Orbi app, pink dot by router, green lights by two satellites. But there are no white/magenta ring lights on top of router itself. Why would app correctly show pink dot but router doesn’t show pink ring? Also, any ideas why the router keeps failing? I unplug and restart and we get internet, only for it to fail again within hours. Two things happened this week, I added Orbi Armor and we had a power outage that appears to have damaged the Tripp Lite UPC router was plugged into. Maybe one of these events is the culprit?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi constantly needs unplugging, no lights on ring but no internet?

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Try a full factory reset of the Orbi system and setup from scratch. This time don't enable armor just yet. Just enable Beamforming and MIMO

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7