Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi crashes

des421
Tutor

Orbi crashes

1st - the logs are apparently on Pacific time? 3 hrs. behind my CST, can this be set some where?

2nd - the WiFi has disappeared once in the middle of the night. Was able examine the device via the web intrface on an Ethernet connected machine but couldn't determine anything and just reboot the router.

3rd - last night the satalite went red, and not even the Ethernet was usable? Had to just power down & restart, after which all was well again?

This is particualry frustrating as the thing works so well otherwise. Whatever it is, is infrequent, about once a month so far. I've seen the WiFi disappear monentarily a couple of times. A Chromebook would loose the network, but before you could check other devices it would come back again. Otherwise performance is outstanding. And of course rebooting clears the log... duh.

Anyway, Netgear Support seems specifically designed not to be able to communicate with? So this is my only way to the message out that apparently all the bugs aren't out yet.

Message 1 of 4
des421
Tutor

Nothing like replying to your own post, but just in case it'll help somebody else...

The time zone can be set under Advanced / Security / Schedual in the web interface.

And apparenly even though Netgear doesn'r want to talk to you directly, maybe they do read these! Because my router firmware updated to 1.9.1.12, which isn't even listed on the Downloads page yet. The Satelite stayed on 1.8.1.6 though?

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Des421

The latest firmware is now on the support page in case you need do manually update the satellite.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
des421
Tutor

Updated the Satelite manually, thanks. And now it's also checking for updates well as the Hub. The Satelite used to just sit there saying "wait". Apparently they're getting there!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7