Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi cycling connection every few hours

dstrohmeyer
Aspirant

Orbi cycling connection every few hours

Good Day,

My orbi was working fine until about a month ago. Currently every few hours it will cycle its connection. It always comes back on in a couple mins or so, but it can be very frustrating. I recently turned Daisy-Chain Topology off, but I had beam forming MU-MIMO on. I recently turned those off as well to see if that helps at all.

Has any one had this problem and found a solution?

Before this started occuring the router was rock solid!

Thank you,

DCS

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
Boomerang3
Apprentice

Not here.  I'm still working on my setup, couple days old now and since the beginning after initial install, it's been rock solid with many mods to the router, even installed a new cable modem and it just hums along.  Now the only difference I can see from some of those experiencing issues is that I have the Orbi-Pro model.  Firmware is V1.12.1.28

Message 2 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello dstrohmeyer

Have you checked to see if you modem is resetting at the same time? What firmware version is your orbi on?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 5
dstrohmeyer
Aspirant

Yes, and we had the modem (ATT Uverse) replaced recently. 

Interestingly we have noticed that is occurs (still not sure if it the only time) when phone (andriod) wakes up after being idle for sometime. For instance in the morning after sitting over night, once I check the phone it will cycle the connection. Meaning, the whole wifi system will be cycled. For the life of me I can not figure out why that would be the case. 

Firmware is most recent 2.1.1.16.

Message 4 of 5
tagteam
Virtuoso

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements