Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi dhcp router linked to another dhcp router/modem

Carux
Aspirant

Orbi dhcp router linked to another dhcp router/modem

Hello,
I have a proprietary dhcp modem/router connected to the internet which I can not modify on the 192.168.0 network that forward all calls to 192.168.1.1 (my fritzbox).
Internally my dhcp router fritzbox on 192.168.1 network, ip that I do not want to change, is connected via normal LAN port to the modem/router and the fritzbox setup allows me to easily join the two networks and have internet on the internal network 192.168.1.
Now I would like to replace the fritzbox with an orbi rbr50 but reading the user manual I do not understand how to get the same result that I have today with the fritzbox.
Thanks to those who can help me.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

NG already defaults there routers to 192.168.1.1

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 4
Carux
Aspirant

Thank you so much, solution 2 works well for me.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements