Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi disconnecting from modem when I turn on my TV and tivo

MacFan22
Aspirant

Orbi disconnecting from modem when I turn on my TV and tivo

Ok. This is very strange. Every time I turn on my TV my internet drops out. I can still connect to the orbi but i cannot get internet access. I checked my modem and it is still connected to the internet. I called my internet provider (time Warner spectrum) and they confirm the modem is still communicating. But the connection between the orbi router and the modem is apparently not working. And even though my iPhone shows I'm commented to the wifi, when I try to login to the orbi app it won't display the network. The remedy is to reboot the modem and the router

Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello MacFan22

That is odd that 1 device crashes the system you could try and reset the IP address of the TV and tivo see if that stops it from happening. You can find the address reservation in the LAN settings of the orbi.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
msickles
Tutor

Try the following:

1. Set a static IP address for your Orbi (if the IP is currently 192.168.0.3, just set it for that and take DHCP out of the mix); and

2. Go into your Spectrum DOCSIS Modem and set a DMZ for the Orbi.

See if that resolves the issue.

I have seen the DHCP-counter get confused with the Orbi--I set mine as a static when I had that issue (albeit on an earlier firmware).

.mws.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 4
kludge1122
Tutor

+1 from my side

I had my primary orbi turning magenta ( lost of connectivity with adsl router : internet provider)

My internet provider router was also rebooting randomly sevral times per day, it was not having such behavior before Orbi was plugged in my network.

After assigning a static ip to Orbi primary router, and affecting on internet router the same static IP lease for it based on orbi mac adress, i do not have any issue at all.

internet router is not rebooting anymore and orbi connectivity to internet is stable.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7