Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi does not work

shmontgomery
Guide

Orbi does not work

I've had my Orbi now for a few months and no longer have free phone support. I called yesterday, was on hold for 30 minutes and decided to hang up. I called back later and waited on hold for 2 hours before I decided to hang up.

I started out calling Comcast as I figured that was the issue. Walked through all the steps, reboots, correct indicators lighting up and figured it was Orbi. Rebooted Orbi and went through troubleshooting steps. All the lighting indicators look correct.  I still have no connection. 

I work remotely and have a heavy reliance on this. 

I'm scratching my head at paying over $300 for a high end router and it stops working after a few months and free phone support ends after a few months?? I'm on hold cumulatively over 2.5 hours and hang up because I'm sick of being on hold. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
shmontgomery
Guide

Re: Orbi does not work

So I looked and latest firmware was installed (automated). Not sure when this was done but must be the problem. I had worked previously with someone from netgear and had me change some of my default settings.

Message 2 of 5
shmontgomery
Guide

I ended up doing a restore factory settings.

For anyone that is having a problem with their Orbi after the firmware update and you made changes to default settings you will probably need to do the same.

Patrick Lo - I see you raked in 4.5M last year. Can you spare 100K and hire 2 more support people so consumers like myself aren't on hold for hours and hang up due to frustration? I'm sure your support team is overworked and underpaid as well. Maybe lop off another 25K for some bonuses? Guess if better testing was done which could be attributed to pushing to get this firmware out the door this could have been avoided. I realize the boards shares were going down and they weren't too happy and your accountability is to them and not your customers...I get it now

Message 3 of 5
kdenkaz
Aspirant

how does one go about restoring to factory setting?

Message 4 of 5
tagteam
Virtuoso

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7