Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi dropping connections

RadDoc
Follower

Orbi dropping connections

I am having an awful time with my orbi router and satellites.
I have went through tech support back in July with a little bit of improvement but not am back to constant disconnections and dropping of signal. I am lucky if the device stays connected for 5 minutes. I am at the end of my rope and feel like I am stuck with over $600 of bricks I have had for a few months.
Not sure what else to do other than throw them in the trash and find another brand.
Any suggestions?
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi dropping connections

Hello RadDoc

What firmware version are you on? Have you tried the latest update?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/OrbiOS-2-0-availability/m-p/1368730#M13446

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
cinek
Apprentice

@DarrenM this firmware does not fix s***. I just got another drop a week after the last one. Running 2.0.0.72

Message 3 of 4
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@cinek wrote:

@DarrenM this firmware does not fix s***. I just got another drop a week after the last one. Running 2.0.0.72

What kind of drop are you experiencing? Is it local network (can you ping other devices on your network) or just internet connections? 

Is your Orbi in router or AP mode?

Have you checked the ISP lease for the IP address? Wondering if the lease is expiring and not renewing. I have been running stable for over 4 weeks now after having to turn off UPnP on the Orbi because of an issue with some of my devices.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7