Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi dropping internet connection when ethernets connected

Abeheary
Aspirant

Orbi dropping internet connection when ethernets connected

Suddenly my orbi dropped connection, I had to reset it as nothing works. Upon reset it’s working but each time I connect any Ethernet cable to it, it disconnects. Please help. It was fine for the past 6 month.
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello abeheary

Are all of your orbi units on the same firmware? also have you tried another ethernet cord in all the ports?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Abeheary
Aspirant

Yes all on the the new firmware. Ethernet not functioning on the main device. Once I connect them it disconnects an turns magneta. And now even wireless keeps on disconnecting. I restarted my orbi and the je main router but still.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to contact support at this point could be a hardware issue they will be able to troubleshoot with you.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
RocketSquirrel
Luminary

I think the Orbi hardware is pretty solid. And I wince a little when someone says “I’m on the latest firmware” without specifying the version number. Both 2.0 and 2.1 may be considered the latest version because 2.1 was withdrawn. And 2.2 is on the horizon.

2.0 - wired backhaul kills your whole network; wireless backhaul works

2.1 - wired backhaul works; reportedly suffers from connection drops

2.2 - works well but isn’t finished, still in pre-release, can be obtained by asking Support

I’m running 2.2.0 and it’s unfinished but rock solid.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7