Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi dropping internet connection

securement
Tutor

Orbi dropping internet connection

I hvae a RBS50 the RBR50 is about 5m away the other side of a wall I get a blue then amber then blue light. They are both on V2.0.0.74 why is it doing this I was under the impression these were the best so far 5m is not what I was expecting the room its in has hard wired cables can I use these on the RBS50 to boost my signal?

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi dropping internet connection

Have you tried to reset the satellite and resync it to the base?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
securement
Tutor

Yes twice getting fed up with the lights it’s like a slow disco
Message 3 of 5
veetee
Aspirant

RouterRBR50 V2.0.0.74
SatelliteRBW30 V2.0.0.34
SatelliteRBS50 V2.0.0.74

I have a router and 2 sattelites.  From what I see, I have the latest firmware on all of them and the problem of connection dropping still getting real bad.  We have 4 phones, 3 computers, 3 ipads, and 3 camera in our home.  Almost everyday, some device will get stuck or doesn't have internet connection.  Rebooting the router will fix it for the moment and the next day repeat.  It got so bad that I have to buy a Netreset device to automatically reboot both cable modem and router everyday.  It did help a little, but we still have to manually reboot our Orbi router here and there to fix the dropping connection.

I've just spent about $500 on these devices and just hate if I have to scrap all these and go with something else.

Please note if the connection doesn't drop, the speed of the Orbi working really well and fast.

Any suggestion here.

Message 4 of 5
NoWiFi4U
Star

I have the same issue with Orbi RBR40 and 2 satellites.... constant dropping every night. Only 11 devices connected. This product is just bad.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7