Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi dropping internet connection

mpf541
Apprentice

Orbi dropping internet connection

I have a RBK50 that i use with ATT fiber. From the ATT modem I have the orbi and A cisco router. I have 2 different networks. The cisco router works properly and I never have any issue losing the internet. This is used for work only THe orbi runs the rest of house. I have started seeing it dropping the internet every so often. I will be clicking a link on another site and every thing just frezes. By the time i get logged onto the orbi to look I see that the intermet is offline. Usually about this time it just start working again. 

I have a ring wireless doorbell that has a led that shows blinking when this happens. It is never longer than a few minutes. 

The system seems to work pretty well when it  is up. I am just wondering as I have had nthis over a year now so i am pretty sure it is out of warrenty. I am wonderng the best option to correct this. Just replace the main orbi or the whole system. I am happy now with the wired backhaul. But i see a lot of post about dropping internet. 

Is it woth fixing this system opr start looking at eero or linksys.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi dropping internet connection

I would try to enable beamforming and mumimo on the unit see if that helps also try to adjust the wireless channels. Make sure you have the latest firmware on Orbi.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
mpf541
Apprentice

Re: Orbi dropping internet connection

Not sure how any of this would help. It is the orbi dropping the internet connection. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7