Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi dropping wireless, now rebooting itself. I am SO SICK OF THIS!

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi dropping wireless, now rebooting itself. I am SO SICK OF THIS!

I think all these review should add a new section called "connection quality" or "customer support". Orbi would be dead last every time.
I would rather have a half speed connection that was stable than a full speed connection that drops multiple times an hour.
Message 26 of 29

btw the chart i posted was from smallnetbuilder and not my own

Message 27 of 29
fuzoid
Guide

I never said or implied the chart was your own! I was simply respondng with evidence to the contrary from PC Magazine that is in the business of testing equipment such as this. Also, when I look at the chart and compare the speeds to PC Magazine's testing, it appears the chart is for MU-MIMO tests only. So it really doesn't provide the full story.

Don't get me wrong because I would love it if my Orbi would work as designed! It's a great system with impressive speed! But, the rebooting and dropping of connections is a non-starter. And the connection drop also includes dropping the satellite as well. It sort of defeats the purpose of the design, don't you think? Although I would love to sell it so I can at least recoup some of my money, like BobertSaget, I have morals and am not about to pass the same issues on to another. I'd give it away before I would do this! But since I did invest so much money on it, I'm holding on to hope that eventually Netgear will fix these issues with a firmware update. If and when they do and all works as it's supposed to, I'll revise my review. Until then it stands as is.

Message 28 of 29
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Pdaddy 

Are you on the current firmware or the beta firmware? If you are on the beta firmware did you do a factory reset on the unit?

DarrenM

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 33 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7