Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi drops signal several times an hour

Armyblkhawk
Initiate

Orbi drops signal several times an hour

Had the system for about 2 months, worked fine. IPad, iPhone, Android system drops internet connection about 3 times an hour for around 10 min in duration. Replaced modem thinking it was the issue. I sit here tonight and am having same issues. The devices show full bars, but no connectivity.
As I read this thread, I am now confident that this Orbi system is the problem. It's exactly as everyone describes.

I've paid over $400 for the system, and now $80 for a new modem that I didn't need. I need some answers from netgear please.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi drops signal several times an hour

Hello Armyblkhawk

When the system was working fine for 2 months was it on the 2.0 firmware? if so you can revert back to that firmware as we took down the 2.1 firmware from the auto update server.

http://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx#download

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/OrbiOS-MR-2-1-issues/m-p/1507379#M23736

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Moxxie
Aspirant

I have not had one single full day without a dropped signal. Ive read the posts, followed every logical, plausible and ridiculous suggestion there has been.
I wish i had an answer and solution for you. I can only offer my empathy and condolences, I'm afraid. I see all these people saying their problems have been solved, yet here I am beyond frustrated and over netgear and all they make.
So just know you're not alone! I hope your solution happens soon!!
Message 3 of 4
PaulK617
Star

Yes. I’ve had my system for about 9 months. Most drop in connection are recent, and I think it’s from recent firmware updates. Right now I’m so frustrated with Netgear and want some answers. My RBK50 v2134 been dropping connection with important smart home devices like Nest thermostat, Chamberlain garage opener, now Thermostat offline again. Three days in a row. I feel your pain.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7