Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi failed and needs to reset to factory settings every two weeks

siuolly
Star

Orbi failed and needs to reset to factory settings every two weeks

I bought my Orbi + 1 satelite around Feb 2017.  My router was from my ISP the Hitron CODA 4582 and the Orbi is in AP mode.  Works fine after setup for 2 weeks.  Every two weeks, there's no internet connect from all the Wireless devices (all my wire device is good) and whatever I do can't seem to resolve it except reset to factory setting and do the setup again.  Its a nightmare since been doing this so many times to the point I am telling myself not to buy another netgear product (this is my first netgear product).  The frimware is updated. and one more annynonance is latest Orbi app update makes the setup DOESN'T recongnize the code it scan (works fine until recent update).  Any suggest how to keep this this up for like foreever like very other wireless network product I use in the past?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
Kalzone
Aspirant

Re: Orbi failed and needs to reset to factory settings every two weeks

I am having the same issue. We’re you able to get it resolved?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 5
siuolly
Star

Re: Orbi failed and needs to reset to factory settings every two weeks

The work around is when I put my router to AP mode, use static IP instead of dynamic. After servers days the magenta light still come on (meaning router can not obtain IP) but my internet works fine. At least I don’t have to reset it.
Message 3 of 5
darrenw2112
Aspirant

Orbi needs reboot every week or two

I have my orbi setup as normal and I still have to reset the wifi often (wired continues to work).  All firmware up to date.

Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi needs reboot every week or two

What channels are you using?

What ISP mfr and model# modem do you have connected to the Orbi router?

Any wifi neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming and see how this does for you.

What is the distance between the router and satellite?

@darrenw2112 wrote:

I have my orbi setup as normal and I still have to reset the wifi often (wired continues to work).  All firmware up to date.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7