Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi failure 2 months out of 2 year warranty

jpottaway
Tutor

Orbi failure 2 months out of 2 year warranty

WAN port does not pickup Internet any more.  Reset, restart etc, nothing.  Just says "no cable connected".  Swapping to another router it works fine.  Really annoyed as I expected this very expensive router to have lasted more than 2 years.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi failure 2 months out of 2 year warranty

Did you swap LAN cable between modem and RBR?

Did you power OFF the modem for 1 minuted then back ON then factory reset the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard to see if it detected the internet? 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@jpottaway wrote:

WAN port does not pickup Internet any more.  Reset, restart etc, nothing.  Just says "no cable connected".  Swapping to another router it works fine.  Really annoyed as I expected this very expensive router to have lasted more than 2 years.

Message 3 of 5
jpottaway
Tutor

Sadly not.  Have tried for hours to get it working - cable changes, defaults, reflashing firmware.  Port is just dead.  Called Netgear and the barely understandable support staff just said essentially "out of warranty, bad luck".  Australia has pretty strong statutory warranty laws that could be persued (laws would support fact a $500 router should last more than 2 years) but it is a router..... I needed another one quicker than that fight would last.  Buyer beware - paying a lot for a router does not guarentee longevity.  If this has been one of Netgears many terrible sub $100 routers would not even be talking about it.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Well sorry to hear that. 

Orbi systems seem to last a while. I have a friend whos Orbi is going on 3 years now. We haven't touched it once since I installed it. Orbi experiences are a mixed bag when it comes to longevity. Try to find another RBR if you can. Or go with something else. 

Good Luck. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7