Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi firmware 2.1.1.16 - Wifi key issue

alucard95
Follower

Orbi firmware 2.1.1.16 - Wifi key issue

Hello,

just to share my fresh experience with new orbi firmware (2.1.1.16) and wifi key/password big problem.

I don't know if this bug appear with 2.1.1.12 or 2.1.1.16 version but since i installed last firmware wifi connection with any equipment is unstable, particularly with error messages linked to my wifi key.

This one contains symbols, numericals... and was ok in 2.0.0.74 version.

When i check configuration on admin web page, surprise, wifi key truncated and it was impossible to put it back !

Now i revert to good firmware (2.0.0.74) and all is ok now.

Bravo Netgear, still good work from your engineers on equipment that we all paid a certain price for...

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
t-wilson
Aspirant

Re: Orbi firmware 2.1.1.16 - Wifi key issue

I upgraded to 2.1.1.16 and experienced something very similar. It appears that after the upgrade the password was changed slightly (the last 2 charcters were converted to a different single character). I appear to have fixed it by just reentering the old password. It still is displayed wrong but all my devices were able to reconnect.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7