Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi firmware 2.1.2.18 GUI display issue (satellites show as devices...should be satellites)

WAP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Orbi firmware 2.1.2.18 GUI display issue (satellites show as devices...should be satellites)

Capture.PNG

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
WAP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Orbi firmware 2.1.2.18 GUI display issue (satellites show as devices...should be satellites)

Firmware GUI doesn't recognize the satellites either

Capture2.PNG

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 4
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi firmware 2.1.2.18 GUI display issue (satellites show as devices...should be satellites)

I think this happens when your satellites are not running the same version of firmware as the router.

Message 3 of 4
WAP
Apprentice
Apprentice

see screen shot above, I am running the same firmware on all three.

I think the issue is related to the fact that my one satellite is using the 5Ghz backhaul and my second satellite is using a ethernet backhaul.  I think it is only a GUI issue, speed through all 3 Orbi devices is very good.  

Hoping the netgear commentator has some feedback to confirm this is a know issue (in general it would be nice if Netgear did a better job describing known issues and generally when we can expect them to be addressed).

Given that some of us have $500 invested in Netgear Orbi, I think part of everyone's frustration is we don't know what and when Netgear is working on.

Transparency please.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7