Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi firmware RBS50-V2.3.5.30 is Trash

t3t0r
Follower

Orbi firmware RBS50-V2.3.5.30 is Trash

I've been having so much trouble since Orbi firmware RBK50 V2.3.5.30 came out.... I was getting upset, blaming my ISP. I was losing packets constantly, got timeout when trying to open UNC path (file shares) from my computer, until I plugged straight to the modem and noticed the issue was not my ISP. Then, thought it was firewall or Antivirus, so I started testing one by one, disabled firewall on both ends, disabled AV and still had the same results, packets lost. Then I remember a **while back** I had a similar experience with Firmware RBK50 V2.2.1.210... so I decided to go back a couple of firmware version back, I went back from RBK50 V2.3.5.30 -to- V2.3.1.60 and all my problems were corrected.
Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi firmware RBS50-V2.3.5.30 is Trash

@t3t0r wrote:
I've been having so much trouble since Orbi firmware RBK50 V2.3.5.30 came out.... I was getting upset, blaming my ISP. I was losing packets constantly, got timeout when trying to open UNC path (file shares) from my computer, until I plugged straight to the modem and noticed the issue was not my ISP. Then, thought it was firewall or Antivirus, so I started testing one by one, disabled firewall on both ends, disabled AV and still had the same results, packets lost. Then I remember a **while back** I had a similar experience with Firmware RBK50 V2.2.1.210... so I decided to go back a couple of firmware version back, I went back from RBK50 V2.3.5.30 -to- V2.3.1.60 and all my problems were corrected.

So why did you upgrade to V2.3.5.30?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7