Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi firmware update available but won't load

grandad2944
Tutor

Orbi firmware update available but won't load

I received my purchase of the Netgear RBK50 AC3000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi system yesterday (7/26/17).  Everything installed fine, but then I tried to update the firmware and my problems began.  It says to update satelitte firmware first.  Try as I might, everytime I downloaded the update and went through the steps provided for the manual update, I got an error message that the file was corrupt.  I did this at least 6 or 7 times with the same result.  Anybody have any suggestions.  I just tried connecting with netgear live chat and after waiting 25 minutes without an agent getting on line I figured I would try another route.  Thanks for any input.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Arlo firmware update available but won't load

Hello grandad2944

What firmware version is showing beside your router and satellites?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
grandad2944
Tutor

Re: Arlo firmware update available but won't load

Thanks for responding to my issue about updating the Orbi system.  I have now had the issue resolved by contacting Netgear and (unfortunately), using their premium service.  That having been said, it took them 3 hours to get things done, which included certain other issues on my PC that needed to be fixed.  Bottom line, not happy about having to pay for something that I just purchased, but in the end, glad to have the system functioning and up to date.  Thanks again for you query into my question.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7