Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi firmware version numbers

Jeffss
Aspirant

Orbi firmware version numbers

Looking at the support site, I see there is new firmware available for the Orbi.  My concern is that the "new" version is listes as 2.0.1.4 whereas the version listed as being the most recent older version (the one I am running) is 2.1.2.18.  I'm either confused or there is a numbering issue here.  Shouldn't the newer version have a higher revision number?  One would think that 2.1.2.18 would be newer than 2.0.1.4.

What gives?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System, RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi firmware version numbers

v2.1.2.18 was removed and pulled from the support site due to users complaining about it causing problems. v2.0.1.4 is most current released version. if you have 2.1.2.18 and the system is working for you. Keep it loaded until next official relased version comes out. Don't know so don't ask when. 

If your having issues, NG recommend reverting back to v2.0.1.4. 

@Jeffsswrote:

Looking at the support site, I see there is new firmware available for the Orbi.  My concern is that the "new" version is listes as 2.0.1.4 whereas the version listed as being the most recent older version (the one I am running) is 2.1.2.18.  I'm either confused or there is a numbering issue here.  Shouldn't the newer version have a higher revision number?  One would think that 2.1.2.18 would be newer than 2.0.1.4.

What gives?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi firmware version numbers

v2.1.2.18 was removed and pulled from the support site due to users complaining about it causing problems. v2.0.1.4 is most current released version. if you have 2.1.2.18 and the system is working for you. Keep it loaded until next official relased version comes out. Don't know so don't ask when. 

If your having issues, NG recommend reverting back to v2.0.1.4. 

@Jeffsswrote:

What gives?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7