Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi flashing white/Unable to join network/

dmdz
Aspirant

Orbi flashing white/Unable to join network/

After a power outage, my Orbi RBR50 with 2 satellites are not working . Tried to setup new system via the app on my phone and at the end of installation on my phone it says unable to join network ORBI61 my SSID. My Orbi router continues to flash white and my 2 satellites are magenta. I have done everything full reset with pin for the router and satellites with still no luck. I have connected my old router and my internet is definitely working. In addition, I am unable to connect to orbilogin.com to check firmware via my laptop directly connected to the router or satellite. I am lost at what else to do. I am not under warranty. Anyway to connect to router to manually update the firmware. I have it downloaded on my computer but can’t connect to the network.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi flashing white/Unable to join network/

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Press the reset button on the back of the RBR for 15 seconds then release. 

Use a wired PC connected to the RBR and a web browser and see if you can access 192.168.1.1. Walk thru the setup wizard here if you can. 

Message 2 of 4
dmdz
Aspirant

The reset button doesn’t turn amber when holding for 15 seconds. Tried 40s but turns red, blinks, then turns solid green. Still doesn’t work. Untied TFTP using terminal on Mac but reset button needs to turn amber per instructions but it doesn’t. What do I do? Orbi triband wifi system/Comcast internet/modem surfboard sb190
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try using a windows 7 PC? 

I had problems using a Windows 10 PC then switched to Windows 7 and it worked. You maybe seeing same issue on Mac. 

What OSX version are you using?

If nothing works, then the RBR maybe bad. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7