Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi half speed on mobile devices

bsantucci
Tutor

Orbi half speed on mobile devices

I installed my Orbi yesterday and it works fine between my floors and with laptops, however my mobile devices are getting exactly half of the speed they should be.  On my R7000 they get my full 100 they should, but mobile devices are right around 50.  I've turned off WMM, but that cut the half in half again.  I turned beamforming and MU-MIMO on and off, but no change.

Any thoughts?  I'm on the latest firmware.  Thanks!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi half speed on mobile devices

Hello bsantucci

You may want to move your satellite to a different position and test again and see if the speed is still slow.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Same here, wired I get 230 Mbps and over Wi-Fi it seems capped right around 50 Mbps. Turning off QOS or WMM takes it down to about 25 Mbps. It has been like this for months and is incredibly frustrating in addition to the connection drops.
Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Also it has nothing to do with satellite location of course. You can unplug your satellite and you will still have the same speeds.
Message 4 of 6
bsantucci
Tutor

BobertSaget, that's my situation and speeds exactly. And right, has nothing to do with the satellite. I did find that if I reboot the Android phone or tablet I get full speeds when it reconnects which is odd. Cycling WiFi doesn't work, only a reboot of the device.
Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

bsantucci, that's really interesting about the restart I have never noticed that but I tried it and had the same result as you. I wonder how long it will stay at these speeds until it drops again. It's strange that it's either one speed or another, never in between.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7