Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi home network settings deleted

foleyconkright
Aspirant

Orbi home network settings deleted

A few days ago our AT&T DSL cables got cut by a lawn crew.  We have gotten it repaired but since then, all our Orbi home network settings are wiped out.  I've rebooted the Orbi.  Is there a way to get it all back (old SSID name, guest network, passwords, etc.) without doing a whole new system setup?

Thanks

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR40 IP assignment on home network

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? Built in router here by chance? 

The att modem services should not have effected the Orbi system at all. Unless the ATT modem has a built in router. 

How do you have the Orby configured with the modem? Router mode or AP mode? 

Did you the ISP services back? 

Message 2 of 4
foleyconkright
Aspirant

Thanks - 

It's an ARRIS NVG599.  It does have a built-in router.

We have ISP back.  The Orbi is connected via ethernet to the ATT modem.

In my available networks list, there is a generic looking Orbi available - I tried joining it with my old password, but it fails.  Could that be my Orbi with a default password?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I presume the Arris maybe using 192.168.1.1 and this conflicts with what NG uses for there router products however most NG routers auto re-assign an new IP address pool, so it may have moved to 10.#.#.# or something differnet that .1.1..

You can try using default admin and password and see. Try the recovery pw method to see if it will recover. If you can't get in you may need to factory reset and setup from scratch.

I recommend doing of these:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7