Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi iOS App won't work with ethernet backhaul

WAP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Orbi iOS App won't work with ethernet backhaul

Downloaded the latest iOS app.  The app connects and works fine when all satellites are wifi backhaul.  As soon I plug a satellite in for ethernet backhaul the iOS app no longer connects (my setup is router in AP mode and 3 satellites...1 wifi backhaul and 2 ethernet backhaul).

Add this to the list of minor inconviences when using ethernet backhaul (others are connected devices don't show up correctly in the router GUI and satellites connected via ethernet won't automatically upgrade their firmware from the router GUI)

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
budy
Luminary

Betreff: Orbi iOS App won't work with ethernet backhaul

Well, not exactly, I'd say… I also noticed that the Orbi iOS app won't connect, if my iPhone is logged in on the satellite, which is connected via ethernet. My guess is, that this has to do with the way the Orbi app tries to connect to the system. I am sure, it uses this bonjour login orbilogin.com and my guess is, that the satellite can't cope with that, when it runs over ethernet. It would be nice, if the Orbi iOS app would be able to be manually configured, because this would surely solve this issue.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7