Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi: iOS13, iPad, and Orbilogin.com

Anthony_Jr
Follower

Orbi: iOS13, iPad, and Orbilogin.com

I had just updated my iPad to iPadOS 13, and upon attempting to visit orbilogin.com - Safari redirects to a Netgear support page.

I'm wondering if the iPad's web browser's new features that ask domains for the desktop version are causing some sort of issue using Orbi's web interface.

I note this because my iPhone acts as expected when visiting the website. Is anyone else having this issue on iPads updated to iOS 13. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi: iOS13, iPad, and Orbilogin.com

Ensure your iPad IS connected to the Orbis WiFi? 

Try a different browser on the pad. 

Clear out all broswer caches. Fully exit the browser then re-launch and try again. 

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@Anthony_Jr wrote:

I had just updated my iPad to iPadOS 13, and upon attempting to visit orbilogin.com - Safari redirects to a Netgear support page.

Interesting discovery.  I never have this problem because I always enter the IP address of the router.

(Hmmm.  That's an interesting question.  If an Orbi is in AP mode, how does a DNS request for "orbilogin.com" get resolved to the IP address of the Orbi, which could be almost any IP?)

Message 3 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@Anthony_Jr wrote:

.....Is anyone else having this issue on iPads updated to iOS 13. 

I have no issues on my iPhone using iOS 13.1.

1. If you're sure that the iPAD is attached to the Orbi's wifi, then please ensure that you're not connected to any VPN when trying to access orbilogin.com.
  2. Please ensure that the iPAD's IP address is in the same IP range as that or Orbi. Can there be a second DHCP server in your network?
Message 4 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@CrimpOn wrote:

.........  If an Orbi is in AP mode, how does a DNS request for "orbilogin.com" get resolved to the IP address of the Orbi, which could be almost any IP?)

If Orbi is in AP mode then the Orbi Router will still resolve the orbilogin.com to the management IP address. Only wired devices connected to the Router (not the Satellite) will not be able to resolve orbilogin.com and will need to use the IP address to access the GUI. This has been discussed in few posts in this forum in the past.

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks.  I missed that.  So "not a router', but "still a router for one host."  Thanks for the explanation.

Wonder if this new iPad is LTE equipped?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7