Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi iPhone App not showing all connected devices

RudyOrbi
Aspirant

Orbi iPhone App not showing all connected devices

I have the RBK50 with one satellite and 14 devices connected.  The system has been installed about 10 days and has worked well.  After the initial installation both the iPhones on the network were displayed in the Device List on the Orbi iPhone App.  Now the Device List no longer shows one of the iPhones as a connected device.  The other iPhone does appear on the Device List as a connected device.  The Non-displayed iPhone shows in Settings it is connected to to Orbi Network and is working on WIFI.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Please check in the “Attached Devices” in web GUI (in orbilogin.com), I think you’ll see all devices there.
Also in the app I think that you’ll find the iPhone listed but the labels assigned to it (Device name and type) are a repetition of another device’s labels.
Check the IP address assigned to the iPhone in the iPhone’s settings and then look for that IP address in the Device List in the app.
I noticed that the assigned labels in the app sometimes get “corrupted” and you need to manually change them. Those labels are locally stored in the app and not in Orbi.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Please check in the “Attached Devices” in web GUI (in orbilogin.com), I think you’ll see all devices there.
Also in the app I think that you’ll find the iPhone listed but the labels assigned to it (Device name and type) are a repetition of another device’s labels.
Check the IP address assigned to the iPhone in the iPhone’s settings and then look for that IP address in the Device List in the app.
I noticed that the assigned labels in the app sometimes get “corrupted” and you need to manually change them. Those labels are locally stored in the app and not in Orbi.
Message 2 of 3
RudyOrbi
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  Your information solved the problem. The non-displayed iPhone was mis-labeled as the Orbi Satellite.  After checking both the IP Address & the Mac Address shown in the detail for the Orbi Satellite it proved to be the second iPhone in my network.  I am not sure how it got mis-labeled but it must have shown as unknown and after looking at the detail and probably seeing it was connected to the Satellite 1 I assumed it was the Orbi Satellite.  This ocurred early in my installation before I was familiar with the system.  Your suggestion of verifying the IP addresses of the devices on the list easily solved the problem.  Thank you for this solution.

By the way, the Orbi Satellite does not display on the APP Device List.  Do you know if it is supposed to?  The Satellite has a Mac Address on its label but no IP Address.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7