Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi - is it viable?

MiguelJMP
Aspirant

Orbi - is it viable?

Hello. As you can see in the picture, I have this home where I want to get internet in the red area and the origin is the green circle. The distance is about 50 meters. 

You think orbi mesh woulde be a viable option? Place the router in the green dot and put 3 repeaters along the long house? Is it too far away? There are some concrete walls along the way, i'm afraid it wont be strong enough... 

What dou you think?

https://i.imgur.com/8qTjWeo.jpg

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi - is it viable?

Having concrete building materials would not help and impede wifi signal travels. Distance would be a bit too far. 

Any chance you could run CAT6 LAN cabling from the Green point the Red area? 

Message 2 of 5
MiguelJMP
Aspirant

No, I was looking for an option without having to run a cable. The houses are separate, and all the tubing are separate. It would have to be passed on the outside, and that is not really an option ate this point. 

I know it is far away, that is why I was asking if it could be viable. But I guess it isn't. 

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

The 50 series may be able to however again, having concrete in the mix, I presume it would be only problematic at best and probably not work great. 

If you could find a system to try out and if it doesn't work, have a good refund policy in place. 

Other then that, you'll need something more dedicated for each area I think. 

Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@MiguelJMP wrote:

...... Place the router in the green dot and put 3 repeaters along the long house? Is it too far away? .....

If you're able to place Orbi Satellites along the long house (the red squares in the attached picture) then this can be viable.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7