Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi isn't connecting to my iphone 11 pro

Albertb11
Follower

Orbi isn't connecting to my iphone 11 pro

Hi everyone,

recently purchased the orbi and I'm having issues connecting it to my iphone. In my network settings on the phone it checks off as if its connected, but the WiFi icon doesnt appear next to the cell signal bars. Not sure is this is an IPhone 11 pro or IOS issue. I tried connecting with my wifes phone and it works fine. My phone appears to be the issue, or are there orbi settings I can make adjustments with?

Any feedback would help, Thanks!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi isn't connecting to my iphone 11 pro

In addition to the WiFi icon not appearing, is it correct to assume that when you open Safari on the iPhone, you get a message about "No internet"?

Does the new iPhone appear on the Orbi list of "Attached Devices"?

Do you use the Orbi "app"?  If so, there is a chance that the Orbi has been set to Access Control "on" and "Block New Devices".

The test for this is to connect to the Orbi web interface using the administrative credentials ("admin" and the admin password) and navigate to the Advanced Tab, Security, Access Control. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7