Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi issue with sattelite

xtbe
Guide

Orbi issue with sattelite

Hi,

I have an issue with one of the satellites. It gets connected but I don't have internet access via that one. I've placed it already close to the router to ensure I have connection and the blue ring is shown.

I also see that it's daisy chained through the other satellite. I wanted to have access to the satellite admin interface but I get an error message that access is denied by access control in the router. However 

1. It's not blocked

2. Access control is turned off 

Any idea what's going wrong with this unit? Tips and advice are welcome!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi issue with sattelite

Turn OFF the other working satellite and do a factory reset on the one non working satellite. Disable Daisy Chain on the router.

Re-add the one non working satellite and get it re-connected. Check for the BLUE led on top. Connect a wireless device to this one satellite. Do you get any internet then?

Can you connect to it's web page after it's re-added and set up and working?

Check to see if it's connected on the routers connected clients page there and check for it's IP address.

What is the distance between the satellites and the router?

What FW version is currently loaded on the system?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Turn OFF the other working satellite and do a factory reset on the one non working satellite. Disable Daisy Chain on the router.

Re-add the one non working satellite and get it re-connected. Check for the BLUE led on top. Connect a wireless device to this one satellite. Do you get any internet then?

Can you connect to it's web page after it's re-added and set up and working?

Check to see if it's connected on the routers connected clients page there and check for it's IP address.

What is the distance between the satellites and the router?

What FW version is currently loaded on the system?

Message 2 of 3
xtbe
Guide

Hi,

Tnx for the advice!

It was probably a mix of issues that was causing this. I had a reserved address set up for the sattelite and I tried to connect it as an ethernet backhaul and it was connected to the other sattelite (daisy chain) probably the mix of that got the sattelite "blocked". Perhaps the ethernet backhaul was the real cause as it stopped appearing as sattelite in the admin interface after that.

After resetting the sattelite, removing the reservation, disabling daisy-chain and following your procedure it worked again (blue ring, web admin of sattelite accessible, internet connection).

Looks like tweaking settings can "break" the functioning rather easy and once it's working incorrect looks like resetting is the only way to restore the correct working. 

Fyi, firmware is V2.1.4.10 on all devices (router  + sattelites)

Anyhow it's fixed now so that's the most important.

Tnx again

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7