Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi issues

rjmarshall
Follower

Orbi issues

My internet appears to be working fine but on my orbi app, at the top right corner it says that the internet is offline. On the network map, tbs router had a magenta dot next to it and my one satellite has a green dot. Anyone know what this means and how to correct it?
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi issues

People who follow the Netgear community forum devoted to the Orbi "app" are more likely to have experience with the product.

You might want to post here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app 

The Green Dot means the satellite is happily connected to the router.

The Magenta Dot means.... well, what the hell DOES it mean?  Obviously, the Magenta Dot makes no damn sense at all, because the Orbi is working correctly.  MY GUESS (and it is only a guess), is that the app has asked the Orbi to make some connection to a specific place on the internet (perhaps a server at Netgear), and that process has failed.  Hence, the Magenta Dot.

Just for myself, I NEVER use the Orbi app unless I am trying to understand a question that someone has posted on the forum.  We "Old Guys" use the Orbi web interface 99% of the time.

Sorry to rant.  I've been cooped up with the cat all day and he is getting frustrated with me.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7