Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi just stopped working

yena
Follower

Orbi just stopped working

this problem originated when all I wanted to do was fix a online gaming problem which resulting in the entire orbi not working. After hours and hours of research and asking around I still can't get this thing (or my online game) to work anymore.

I'm not that tech savy so please bare with me. The model is a RBR10 orbi, it has one satellite, I don't think there's even a modem? there's only a POE injector, whatever that is. I factory reset the router to fix the original problem but now when I try setting it up through the orbi app, rbi can't get it to connect with Internet anymore. The ethernet cable is connected through the Internet port on the router and the other end is connected in the "power + data" port on the poe injector
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi just stopped working

@yena wrote:
The ethernet cable is connected through the Internet port on the router and the other end is connected in the "power + data" port on the poe injector

This is the item that does not make sense. The RBR10 is powered by a typical 12v power supply, not by Power over Ethernet (PoE). The router WAN (internet) port must be connected to an Internet Service Provider (ISP) device of some kind.  a modem or a fiber networking device (often abbreviated an ONT).

Was this RBR10 working for some time with this exact cabling before  the attempt to solve an internet gaming problem?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7