Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi keeps desconecting

Salmutairi
Aspirant

Orbi keeps desconecting

I just set up orbi 53 and updated it but i notice it keeps disconnecting every 30 minutes it is not isp provider issue it is the mesh system issue. The router connected to netgear m1. M1 wifi disabled. The router and its 2 setlites are green they are close to each other.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
Salmutairi
Aspirant

Re: Orbi keeps desconecting

Any help ?please
Netgear suport team didn’t reply to my case
Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@Salmutairi wrote:
I just set up orbi 53 and updated it but i notice it keeps disconnecting every 30 minutes it is not isp provider issue it is the mesh system issue. The router connected to netgear m1. M1 wifi disabled. The router and its 2 setlites are green they are close to each other.

Message 3 of 5

@Salmutairi wrote:
The router connected to netgear m1. M1 wifi disabled.

That is probably the MR1100 Mobile Router. Disabling wifi does not disable the router. But disabling the router does disable the wifi.

There is support for the MR1100, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> MR1100 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Check the section Enable IP Pass-Through Mode or consider putting the Orbi into wireless access point (AP) mode.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Salmutairi wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7