Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi keeps dropping internet

ReeseJM
Aspirant

Orbi keeps dropping internet

This started happening AGAIN with firmware version 2.1.1.16.  drops internet and I have to keep resetting (gets a purple ring on the router). I re-installed 2.1.1.12 to try to fix it after reading others were having trouble and this version was removed from the auto updates.  It’s still dropping the connection.  ANy help is much appreciated.  Resetting this is getting OLD!  This happened all of Thanksgiving weekend too!

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi keeps dropping internet

Have you checked your modem when your orbi is showing no internet to see if it has been losing connection as well?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
ReeseJM
Aspirant

No, we never lose internet connection from the cable modem.  Resetting the orbi and satellite fixes it, but only for an hour.

Message 3 of 7
snails
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue... very frustrating. This needs to be fixed.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 4 of 7
gme2815
Aspirant

Same thing.  Droping interenet all the time now.  2.`1.1.16 firmware.  This is freaking rediculous.  

Message 5 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to try the 2.1.2 beta that has fixes for issues from the 2.1.1 firmware.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/OrbiOS-2-1-1/m-p/1476960#M19962

DarrenM

Message 6 of 7
Lee_K
Aspirant

I've been haviing the same probem. Im losing connection multiple times per day and have had this on and off since I started using the Orbi. I'm on 2.1.1.16 and I've done the factory reset and reconfigured afterwards. Still the same. As others have said, we don't expect a premium product like this to have so many problems. I "upgraded" to this from a Nighthawk X4S (R7800) because I needed the wired connection from the Satellite. Otherwise, the X4S was a much better router - it had the same coverage as the Orbi system gives me, higher speeds, and no disconnects.

Has the 2.1.2 beta fixed the problem for anyone?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7