Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi latest Firmware v1.12.0.18 - no off switch for wifi bands

Orbi latest Firmware v1.12.0.18 - no off switch for wifi bands

Hmm latest firmware  seems broken - The switches to turn on/off the different radios e.g. 2.4 or 5Ghz have dissapeared.

Now having all sorts of disconnect issues due to 2.4Ghz being on. My Setup was working well with 2.4 off now I cannot tunr it off

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3

Decide to manually install old firmware and everything now working again, as correctly as it was before.

Apart from wifi radio switch satellie was also disconnected, not enough time when running a business to sort out bugs in Netgear firmware. Especially when the damn thing auto upgrades

Message 2 of 3
captain_phaser
Apprentice

I would actually hope that these missing features are bugs, but it seems evident that they were removed. With the latest update we lost individual enable/disable for each band, setting the power limit for each band, and scheduling on/off each band. It seems the only way to restore them is as you've done: block/disable auto-updates and downgrade to a firmware with these features restored. It would be nice to get an official Netgear response as to why each feature was removed and whether or not they will be restored.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7