Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi lease time on rbr50 and V2.2.1.210

VirtualDataBase
Aspirant

Orbi lease time on rbr50 and V2.2.1.210

Please tell me this expensive router of mine can have the lease time set.

I mean really I would have never thought to check such basic thing before purchasing but I do still have time to return everything...

I just had the latest firmware on all 3 satellites and router.. please advise ASAP.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi lease time on rbr50 and V2.2.1.210

Hi VirtualDataBase

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

There is no option on the Orbi settings page to modify lease time. You may post your query or suggestion to this page : https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@Blanca_O wrote:

....... You may post your query or suggestion to this page : https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

This feature request is already there:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/DHCP-Lease-Time/idi-p/1533257

@VirtualDataBase The set DHCP lease time in Orbi is 12 hours. For what use case do you think it's vital to change the lease time in a home router?

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Instead of using Leasetime, I would recommend setting IP address reservations for the satellites ON the router and for any other devices that need router management. This would ensure IP addresses are set for each device when it's turned on and doesn't change. 

@VirtualDataBase wrote:

Please tell me this expensive router of mine can have the lease time set.

I mean really I would have never thought to check such basic thing before purchasing but I do still have time to return everything...

I just had the latest firmware on all 3 satellites and router.. please advise ASAP.

Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Instead of using Leasetime, I would recommend setting IP address reservations for the satellites ON the router and for any other devices that need router management. This would ensure IP addresses are set for each device when it's turned on and doesn't change. 

Even if you use IP address reservations, the lease management is needed. 

DHCP messages for lease request and acknowledgemnt will be sent regardless if you have set DHCP address reservations or not.

The client (your network device) will send a DHCP request when the lease time is out (whether you have IP address reservations or not) and then Orbi will send DHCP acknowledgement which is then logged in the Logs as above.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7