Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi light indicators

k9kids
Guide

Orbi light indicators

My Orbi base and satellite don't show any indications the system is working. Is there a feature that needs to be turned on? 

Would prefer something I can look at to know all is well. Setup in AP mode. 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions

hi K9kids

with the orbi system working you will see no lights , which is a good thing if the devices are in open areas , the only light you will see is the power light indicating the system is on , if there is an issue you will see different colored lights depending on the situation 

\

yes its a bit counter intuitive but seeing nothing is a good thing for the orbi once its started up and connected correctly

pete

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies

hi K9kids

with the orbi system working you will see no lights , which is a good thing if the devices are in open areas , the only light you will see is the power light indicating the system is on , if there is an issue you will see different colored lights depending on the situation 

\

yes its a bit counter intuitive but seeing nothing is a good thing for the orbi once its started up and connected correctly

pete

Message 2 of 9
GadgetGuy
Apprentice

I wish a light was present. It could be in the back. Just something that indicates that everything is working fine. Like a router.
Message 3 of 9
itGeeks
Apprentice

Perhaps having the option to always show the status or maybe the option to set the times we want the lights to show would be a good thing to add for those wanting the visual. I am sure this could be added and have it user selectable.

1. Allways ON

2. Only on when there is a problem

3. Allows on during theses hours.

Message 4 of 9
GadgetGuy
Apprentice

Perfect idea.
Message 5 of 9
itGeeks
Apprentice

Thanks. I am just trying to help Netgear make Orbi the best product it can be. I am a big fan of Netgear products and I want to help them be the clear winner in this new space.

Message 6 of 9

in the orbi case i think the designers have used the old "no news is good news " approach , eg no lights means everything is ok

as i said its a bit counter intuitive and backwards to what we are use to and that the main issue , its just a matter of getting use to the logic of what it it saying

however in our world of stop and go / red and green we get confused when we dont have something or someone telling us what to to or when to do it , i would prefer a few less glowing led's throughout my house at night time

pete

Message 7 of 9
itGeeks
Apprentice

I understand what your saying and that's y I made the recommendation to give us options and let use decide what we want, Its a win win for everyone.

1. Allways ON

2. Only on when there is a problem

3. Allows on during theses hours.

I see no reason the devs can't add this.

Message 8 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone 

You can put these Ideas in our Idea exchange board and other community members can vote the idea up to let the engineers know this is a feature people want. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

DarrenM

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7