Reply
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

It doesn't work for most, or they wouldn't be here.

 

Many don't know what to look for or don't notice it as some do.  Or they may not have the devices that would be affected by these issues.  Technology doesn't just work for some and some don't with issue within the firmware.  It is happening on every single unit, it is just the people with different equipment and if they notice it or not.

Message 151 of 302
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

This is not true.  If it's verified buyer reviews, it's all legit.  Please stop making up "fake review crap:".

Message 152 of 302
Highlighted
Star

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

Mesh networks in the residential markets are new. But a router / Wifi box connected to a modem is certainly not new. That piece should work flawlessly. I would have expected issues with the connection to remote Orbis but not having the main one just stop working. 

Message 153 of 302
Highlighted

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection


@killabandit wrote:

It doesn't work for most, or they wouldn't be here.

 

Many don't know what to look for or don't notice it as some do.  Or they may not have the devices that would be affected by these issues. 


and there is the issue , its specific to certain devices which many dont have and dont care about , i can assure you there are only a very small percentage of users that come where whinging and far far more happily using the orbi without issue

 

its NOT happening on every single unit you making generic sweeping statements , yes you may have issues with your devices but many dont and thats what you seem not to appreciate

Message 154 of 302
Highlighted

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection


@PatG25 wrote:

Mesh networks in the residential markets are new. But a router / Wifi box connected to a modem is certainly not new. That piece should work flawlessly. I would have expected issues with the connection to remote Orbis but not having the main one just stop working. 


the router does , i havnt seen many complaining about Internet connectivity issues with the router , most issues are related to clients and their interoperability with the way these distributed wireless systems work

 

 

Message 155 of 302
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

Sorry, it IS happening on every single unit. The firmware and hardware is the SAME on every unit.  It doesn't just happen on some and not others.  Technology doesn't work like that.

Message 156 of 302
Highlighted

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection


@killabandit wrote:

This is not true.  If it's verified buyer reviews, it's all legit.  Please stop making up "fake review crap:".


maybe you should read

 

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/28/forget-fake-news-amazon-is-fighting-fake-reviews/

Message 157 of 302
Highlighted

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection


@killabandit wrote:

Sorry, it IS happening on every single unit. The firmware and hardware is the SAME on every unit.  It doesn't just happen on some and not others.  Technology doesn't work like that.


 

i have apple gear hear , windows gear , android gear , wemo and a few others and NONE of them do anything but work well , i do not have any issue now or in the past so you statement cant be that factual right

Message 158 of 302
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

No, maybe you should read.  Verified buyers means Amazon proved they purchased the monitor from them.  They aren't fake.  Please stop with your spamming of threads.  Do you work for netgear or something and just love their products?  

Message 159 of 302
Highlighted
Luminary

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

I think it will take atleast another 3 rounds of Firmware releases before things stabilize it is just too new this whole so called mesh systems 

Message 160 of 302
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

Been in IT for 25 years, have owned many electronics and have worked on electronics.  I am an Engineer in Electronics.  And I am telling you a device is made one way and one way only unless they revise it.  The firmware is made one way only and made for ALL DEVICES of that model.  It is not a firmware release for Joe, then another for John, and so on.  

 

You obviously don't NOTICE the issue.  I only had the issue on one android device at first and our IOS devices were fine.  Then the other devices started having issues.  No, it is right, you just again don't notice it.  Get a clue.

Message 161 of 302
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

Not, they been through at least 4 over the last 6 months with these issues. Still not resolved. And Netgear is the only one with these issues.

Message 162 of 302
Highlighted
Star

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection


@peteytesting wrote:

@PatG25 wrote:

Mesh networks in the residential markets are new. But a router / Wifi box connected to a modem is certainly not new. That piece should work flawlessly. I would have expected issues with the connection to remote Orbis but not having the main one just stop working. 


the router does , i havnt seen many complaining about Internet connectivity issues with the router , most issues are related to clients and their interoperability with the way these distributed wireless systems work

 

 


Actually, that's where my problem is. Modem going to router; then one connection hardwired to a PC. When i t goes down EVERYTHING goes down even the hardwired PC. 

Message 163 of 302
Highlighted

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection


@killabandit wrote:

Not, they been through at least 4 over the last 6 months with these issues. Still not resolved. And Netgear is the only one with these issues.


Not exactly.  Linksys has quite a mess they need to clean up with Velop.  It was even more of a nightmare than Orbi when I tried it, if you can believe that.

 

I'm with you though.  I went with Eero a few weeks ago and haven't looked back since.  Extremely pleased!

Message 164 of 302
Highlighted
Star

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

When my orbi was behind a Netgear modem I had nothing but trouble. Since I went to a old Speedstream modem in bridge mode I have had Zero problems with the Orbi.

It's been running this way for 4 months now without a single hickup.

 

 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 165 of 302
Highlighted

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection


@killabandit wrote:

And Netgear is the only one with these issues.


yet more sweeping generic statements you cant backup with ether facts or proof , as stated the velop has issues , other cant be used without being online , amplify has similar issues

 

however the orbi isnt a mesh system so it doesnt work the same way

Message 166 of 302
Highlighted
Star

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection


@killabandit wrote:

Been in IT for 25 years, have owned many electronics and have worked on electronics.  I am an Engineer in Electronics.  And I am telling you a device is made one way and one way only unless they revise it.  The firmware is made one way only and made for ALL DEVICES of that model.  It is not a firmware release for Joe, then another for John, and so on.  

 

You obviously don't NOTICE the issue.  I only had the issue on one android device at first and our IOS devices were fine.  Then the other devices started having issues.  No, it is right, you just again don't notice it.  Get a clue.


I'm an engineer also and you are overlooking the one variable that is probably responsible for why some see it and others don't - different environments.  Everyone has their own unique combination of ISPs, modems, wiring, environmental interference, etc. that make the same version of a product behave differently in different locations.  Since you have gone through multiple units, it sounds like something in your environment doesn't play well with the Orbi. 

Message 167 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

There isn't anything in my environment that would interfere with it. I did not go through several only one. I used wifi testing equipment to verify that.
Message 168 of 302
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

My issue is with WIFI not internet disconnecting.  Devices disconnecting from WIFI.  Not everyone had issues with internet which I agree. That could be the relationship between the modem and it.  

Message 169 of 302
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

Petey, other manufacutres have their own set of issues.  I am talking about the issues that Netgear is having.  Don't try to change what I say.  You have already proven since being on here your a netgear fanboy.  At first you said it was an Apple problem, not Orbi, and now you are making up other excuses.

 

Tell you what, post your logs from your Orbi unit, and let's see if that proves you aren't having disconnects.  Because it shows up in there a lot.

Message 170 of 302
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

gonna need more popcorn soon ...

maybe just agree to disagree and move on

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Message 171 of 302
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

It's most definitely the Orbi having the WiFi issues. I have never had that issue with a router. My PS4, Tivo, Samsung Galaxy. Almost any device connected to wifi would just suddenly lose connection and I have to toggle the wifi on my android device to connect back to the network. This is very frustrating. I noticed this on the second day that had the Orbi setup. I can't believe we don't have a firmware to fix this yet. Maybe the ethernet backhaul would fix this issue. If we were to ever get that. The disconnecting issue is huge IMO this needs to be fixed asap. You can't do any competitive online gaming with this going on.

Message 172 of 302
Highlighted
Master

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

No issues here. Seven days of logs since FW update, with zero disconnects or logged error messages. AP mode. 

Message 173 of 302
Highlighted
Master

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

@jleecloak1 Did you try lowering Orbi power, esp on 2.4g?

Message 174 of 302
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

I will try that and see if that helps when I leave work, thanks for the recommendation. 

Message 175 of 302
Top Contributors
Announcements