Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi loosing Internet Connection

whsbuss-1
Apprentice

@killabandit wrote:

I am aware of Orbi not requiring it. But that is not what you said above.

Sure it is....

However, (according to cousin who has eero) when Internet connectiviry is lost all local wifi networking is lost. Just something to be aware of.

Message 201 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Actually you are wrong.  I just disconnected my Internet from my Eero and my wifi still worked just fine.

Message 202 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi  Drackene

Thanks for reaching out. eeros don't require an active internet connection to route local data. However, if you were to reboot your eeros during an outage, it would cause the LAN to become unreachable.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to give us a call at 1-877-659-2347 or email us at support@eero.com .

Message 203 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

whsbuss-1

Sir, I think it's time for you to leave since it is very obvious you are here to disrupt this topic with wrong information.  

Message 204 of 302
whsbuss-1
Apprentice

@killabandit wrote:

@whsbuss-1

Sir, I think it's time for you to leave since it is very obvious you are here to disrupt this topic with wrong information.  

You are very rude..... first you came in here to claim eero was the best. That's your opinion. I don't own eero, my cousin does. His statement was what he said, not me directly. As someone point out, a reboot requires internet connectivity to get your eero back operating again.

You have your opinion, other have theirs.

Message 205 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You've been obnoxious in all your posts. Just stating the facts sir. I've been here way longer than you and owned my orbi much longer than you. I never said it was the best. You made that up. I said it's working great with no issues unlike the orbi. You obviously read that wrong. If you reboot the eero when the Internet goes down then it won't work. It will work if you leave it alone. Like I said you continue to post wrong info.
Message 206 of 302
richpjr
Star

@killabandit wrote:
You've been obnoxious in all your posts. Just stating the facts sir. I've been here way longer than you and owned my orbi much longer than you. I never said it was the best. You made that up. I said it's working great with no issues unlike the orbi. You obviously read that wrong. If you reboot the eero when the Internet goes down then it won't work. It will work if you leave it alone. Like I said you continue to post wrong info.

If you don't have your Orbi anymore, why do you spend so much time on these boards?  Geniune question, not trying to be obnoxious.  If I moved on to something else, I wouldn't spend a minute here.

Message 207 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Why do you care?  Why do all these other people that don't own it any more are still here?  I am only here to direct people away from it till the issue is resolved.  I don't want people wasting their money on something that has this many issues. And I also want to see how long it takes them to fix it.

Message 208 of 302
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

Killabandit your the minority. I have had 0 problems with disconnects since the day I bought the orbi. We care cause your annoying with useless valuable input. You have said your piece. People who what to see valuable info in this thread will unsubscribe to your dribble.
Message 209 of 302
richpjr
Star

@killabandit wrote:

Why do you care?  Why do all these other people that don't own it any more are still here?  I am only here to direct people away from it till the issue is resolved.  I don't want people wasting their money on something that has this many issues. And I also want to see how long it takes them to fix it.

I don't really care.  I just have no idea why people who don't own a product would hang out on their forum - but that is just me.  If that's how you like spending your free time, than more power to you.

Message 210 of 302
Malik2k1
Star

In hopes of getting the convo back on topic, I've outlined my experience below to share my disconnect issues.

My Setup:

ISP Modem (Hitron Coda 4582) in bridge mode
Netgear Nighthawk router with wireless radio off
Orbi in access point mode

The setup was done in this manner based on other comments in the forums about the orbi functioning better in AP mode. The Hitron is terrible for Nat filtering which is why the nighthawk is in the setup.

My experience:

For the most part, the internet works quite well with great coverage all over my house. However, I experience at least 2-3 disconnects a day. In some cases, the disconnect occurs when my microwave is on which is odd but understandable due to the 2.4ghz frequency which should just drop wireless not force the whole set up to reboot.

In others cases, the disconnect happens because the ISP modem decides to reboot itself causing everything to wait for a connection to get back to work.

I've also experienced a disconnect randomly when other family devices hop on the network but I'm not sure if that's a cause of the disconnect itself.

Regardless of the above, I'm really liking the orbi as it gives my whole family access without people complaining about slow internet. When things disconnect, the web is usually back up and running after a minute. Obviously I'd love for the disconnects to stop but for now it is what it is.

Has anyone else got a bit more detail on the situations where disconnects occur?

Message 211 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Wow, seems everyone has gotten childish here. Minority when most of the post in this forum are about disconnects? Go read people. Like I've said at least 4 times. Stop derailing the thread kids and go back to the topic.

If you don't have disconnects then you are the minority and we don't care about you not having issues. Help the people that do have issues.
Message 212 of 302
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

Kill, no disrespect but your the one who is being childish. We heard, you got a eero, now move on. Your the minority of orbi users is what I meant obviously.

You also are delusional if you think the people that "don't" have disconnects are the minority.
Message 213 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'm not the one attacking people like you kids are. You are the ones being childish. You are the ones that started this mess. Now grow up.

Actually you are the one that is delusional. If you read the posts on this site. Look how many say they are disconnecting vs not.

I'm reporting you now.
Message 214 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

And it's interesting that I'm the one getting the kudos and you guys arent.
Message 215 of 302
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

Lol look how many orbi'a have been sold vs. complaints. Small %.

Your new name from this day forward will be crap starting, delusional, childish guy.

I'm sure netgear will read this and side with you. 😅
Message 216 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Like I said kid. You are the ones that started this. I said to stop it many pages ago and you continue. Again. No one cares about your orbi that does work. Help the ones that don't and stop bad mouthing those that have had them in the past trying to help those people. Again, go back and look and you will see you guys started this crap. Get a life.
Message 217 of 302

lol all i can see you doing is trolling and complaining and not really helping anyone , its obvious some are having issues , its obvious netgear are trying to solve them , its obvious that continually trolling and complaining just annoys ppl , so how about do something else apart from abusing those that dont see your point of view

Message 218 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Funny thing is, you annoy people here.  I have actually helped many since I have been here.  Like I said, NO ONE CARES IF YOURS WORKS FINE.  Help those that don't.

Message 219 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

peteytesting

Where is your logs?  We asked you to post them to prove you don't have issues, but you still won't do it.

Message 220 of 302

where is the mute button lol

ah found it

for others click on the users name and when the next page opens go over to the right and click on ignore user , problem solved

Message 221 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

So why don't you want to post your logs?  You lying then?

Message 222 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It doesn't work since you've been muted for a while.

Message 223 of 302

sigh

Message 224 of 302
Retired_Member
Not applicable

And you haven't?  Anyone can look at your posts.  We asked you many pages back to post your logs.  You keep ignoring it.

Message 225 of 302
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7