Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi loosing internet connection

Mike34848
Aspirant

Orbi loosing internet connection

Hi all,

problems with my orbi loosing internet connection. I have had this orbi for several months and it had been working super.

Now it is connected to my modem for max 30 seconds and then it loses connection every single time.

I have resetted to factory default settings and updated the firmware to 1.12.018, the very last version.

Any ideas please, or should I return the unit 

regards Mike

Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi loosing internet connection

Hello Mike34848

Have you tried to enable beamforming and mumimo some people have said since the update when they enable it again seems to fix the issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
thedigitaltuner
Aspirant

Same issue for me since the purchase of router and two satelittes.  Completely losing the internet on latest firmware verison.  Really frustrating as when traveling I lose acessess to my cameras and the thermostats.  Can't believe how expensive for how bad.  When i get home I am going to have to go back to my old router.  The orbi even after updates has the same problem of losing connection even when no one is home using it, falls over and does not recover.  Really big issue and no solution.

Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello thedigitaltuner

Have you done a factory reset since being on the latest firmware? 

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
Mike34848
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM,

thanks for your ideas. I have been away a few days, but I will try enabling beamforming and mumimo. I first have to find out how to do that...

And I will try the factory default reset first, have not done that after the firmware update.

mike

Message 5 of 7
thedigitaltuner
Aspirant

I have not done a factory reset, that sounds painful as assume i would lose all settings.  Why would that be required?  Is this not your top of the line equipment?  

Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello thedgitaltuner

You can backup your settings before the factory reset. All you need to do to factory reset the unit is hold the reset button for 10 seconds. I linked how to back up your config.

https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7