Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi main router solid magenta

Ares24
Tutor

Orbi main router solid magenta

Basic info:

I have a direct fiber connection with 250mbs up and down. There is no modem, just a wall outlet.

All was previously working well. I woke up in the morning and my Orbi main router was solid magenta. I tried rebooting, new cable, and resetting. I called support and after troubleshooting with the first guy he tried several things and was unable to resolve the issue. Said a senior tech would call me back in 10 min. 4-5 hours later nothing. I called back in and got another tech. She had me check all network settings, completely wiped the device to factory and still solid magenta. She had me take it off DHCP and put in a static IP & DNS. The magenta went away and I resumed internet connection. Later I noticed my speeds were very slow especially from the satalite. Speed tests show 40-90mbs while sitting in the same spot (down from 250) on main router and satalite speed tests are as low as 9mbs. 

Message 1 of 10
Glenee
Apprentice

I had this once and it was the router trying to do a update. I had to manually update the satellite and THEN the router to the latest firmware and reboot.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 10
Mgomez85
Apprentice

I had that issue with a Satellite unit solid purple and couldn't get it to work at all! Netgear told me it was defective! So had to replace it, for a $500 equipment these devices sure as hell don't seems to come with that premium $500 price tag! 😩😒
Message 3 of 10
Ares24
Tutor

Yea. It's on the latest firmware already. So unfortunately it's not that (it apparently auto updates).... I agree Mgomez, while when working it is actually amazing and seem less however it does seem to be fragile and has issues with its own firmware update ( I also had major issues with the firmware right out of the box!). Not living up to the price tag. For that amount of money on a router I want to set it up and forget about it lol
Message 4 of 10
Ares24
Tutor

Has anyone found a resolution for this issue? I have been on the phone with Netgear for HOURS. They got it working for a couple of weeks with a bandaid fix making me put in a static IP but now it is solid magenta again. I have seen many people compain about this exact issue on other discussions but have not seen any with a resolution. All say the same that it will work for a couple weeks and then crap out and turn solid magenta again. Is it happening everytime there is a firmware update? Are their updates that unstable?

Message 5 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Ares24

Are you still seeing these issues on 1.9.1.12 Firmware?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

YES

Also got complete new devices.

Same issue.

Suffering since January and speaking with support since then. No solution.

New Firmware has new issue; loss of WIFI stability.

It´s not getting better...

I´m loosing my fanatism about Orbi.

Message 7 of 10
Glenee
Apprentice

I am having so much trouble with Cox right now, that I acn't tell whats going on. One day super slow Upload speeds and the next their back and the download is slower. Looks like inside thier orginization but now I don't know.

Message 8 of 10
TaurusPeter
Aspirant

My Orbi router LED ring turns solid magenta after about a week or two of use. I don't experience interruptions in connectivity (but of course can't rule out that for very short periods the WAN goes down).

I like the magenta light 🙂  However, in that state the Orbi management interface is not accessible (neither orbilogin.com nor via ethernet address). That's very annoying.

To recover I have to power it down for an extended period of time. A short power cycle results in a magenta light once the Orbi is back and connected.

This issue has been discussed for so long in forums that I am disappointed it's still not solved!  Orbi guys: you have such a great product, what's missing here?

Message 9 of 10

See this tread, problem persists and is unresolved to the best of my knowledge.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-router-solid-magenta-not-the-satellite/m-p/1325121#M10472

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7