Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi mesh satellite that allow plug in peripheral (my solar inverter)

Not applicable

Orbi mesh satellite that allow plug in peripheral (my solar inverter)

I have an Orbi mesh system at my house (RBR50 is my router, and i have plut in satellites RBW30).

I have a solar system that is getting installed, and the inverter is to be hard wired (CAT5 connection) to an extender/router inside my house.  

The RBW30 doesn't accomodate a CAT5 peripheral to be plugged in.  Other than buying an RBS50 satellite, are there any options you can suggest?  The installer is telling me they'll use a TP-Link extender, but i'd rather have something that suits the mesh network rather than extender which may cut overall system speed.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@ wrote:

The RBW30 doesn't accomodate a CAT5 peripheral to be plugged in.  Other than buying an RBS50 satellite, are there any options you can suggest?  The installer is telling me they'll use a TP-Link extender, but i'd rather have something that suits the mesh network rather than extender which may cut overall system speed.

The installer has a good solution.  The solar system will have practically zero bandwidth needs and will connect to the 2.4G WiFi signal from the TP-Link extender. This setup will have no effect on the WiFi system performance at all.

Message 2 of 5
ekhalil
Master

I would use a Wi-Fi to Ethernet Adapter like NETGEAR WNCE2001 or WNCE3001.

Message 3 of 5
Not applicable

Thanks!!  Greatly appreciated

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

If you want somethign that integrates with the orbi mesh, these are the compatible satellites with ethernet:

RBS20

RBS40

RBS40V

RBS50

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7