Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi no internet after new ISP

Jagan
Aspirant

Orbi no internet after new ISP

Have no choice than writing about my issue here after trying everything.

Switched to a new ISP yesterday since then internet is not working if I connect it through Orbi. Tired old Netgear WNDR4500v2 result is same. Works perfectly if connected directly to the PC

Any idea how to fix this? I tried factory resetting the Orbi but it didn't help as well

Old ISP assigned me a Static IP on request which I forget to mention above. This got anything to do with the issue?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
Jagan.
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
st_shaw
Master

You said you changed to a new ISP and now both Orbi and your old router no longer work.

If you had Orbi and your old router setup to use a static IP from your old ISP, you might need to change your routers' settings to work with your new ISP.

I think you need to contact your ISP and ask them for help.

Message 2 of 6
Jagan
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice yes I have raised a ticket with them as well. Old ISP assigned a static IP thats it they never asked me to change anything in the router settings like change the IP etc. It was just working as it is

Not really sure what is going on here even before the Static IP was assgined with my new ISP internet didnt work when they came for the installation first day as well. They gave a direct connectio to PC

So tested it with my old Netgear WNDR4500 it was same said no internet

Message 3 of 6
Jagan
Aspirant

May I ask what settings you are asking me to check?  Not much a network person here I can do if you can tell me were to look

Thanks,

Jagan.

Message 4 of 6
st_shaw
Master

It's hard to say without more information from you or your ISP.

In most cases, you can set your router to obtain the IP address dynamically from your ISP.  You can check if Orbi is configured this way.  See Chapter 3 of the user manual here, which refers to setting up the Internet connection.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf

Message 5 of 6
Jagan
Aspirant

Ok I will go thorugh those pages once again thanks

Will keep the post updated after seeing what ISP is doing

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos