Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi not communicating with Aladdin WiFi Garage Door Opener

michaelwillis87
Aspirant

Orbi not communicating with Aladdin WiFi Garage Door Opener

I bought this new Orbi mesh system (hw vRBR50, firmware v2.3.5.30, Security WPA2-PSK, Parental Control Enabled, Netgear Armor Enabled) and it worked with everything for about a week (including the Aladdin Connect garage door WiFi system, 2.4 GHz). A week later the Aladdin lost connection with the Orbi and now I cannot connect it (everything else continues  to work perfectly). When I try and connect it via my cell hotspot it works fine so I think the issue has been isolated to the Orbi. My thinking is that  something in the Orbi security or some other rule is preventing the Aladdin from getting to the Internet via the Orbi. I called support yesterday and they opened a case but did not have an "Orbi expert" available to help. They scheduled a callback for 9am PT this morning but nobody called so trying this instead... Anyone had a similar issue?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
michaelwillis87
Aspirant

Re: Orbi not communicating with Aladdin WiFi Garage Door Opener

We finally figured it out. The devices related to the Aladdin were coming up as "Parot" and "Texas Instruments" in the Orbi UI and since my wife didn't recognize them she cut internet access for them in the Circle app. We turned them back on and everything started connecting. Sure would be nice if manufacturers had their devices discoverable with friendly names so that it wasn't a guessing game what names linked to what devices (this is particularly hard when in a smart home that has dozens of devices being connected). 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
michaelwillis87
Aspirant

We finally figured it out. The devices related to the Aladdin were coming up as "Parot" and "Texas Instruments" in the Orbi UI and since my wife didn't recognize them she cut internet access for them in the Circle app. We turned them back on and everything started connecting. Sure would be nice if manufacturers had their devices discoverable with friendly names so that it wasn't a guessing game what names linked to what devices (this is particularly hard when in a smart home that has dozens of devices being connected). 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Oops. Glad you figured it out. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation